Saturday, February 21, 2009

In response to a certain entry about being vegetarian...

(This was originally a blog comment, but then I decided, WHAT THE HEY, let's turn it into a post).

I am a vegetarian. I dislike meat, fish, etc. But I became a vegetarian for different reasons than some of my friends/colleagues. Basically, I am one of those "oh poor animals getting slaughtered, cry, cry" people. Well, not actually crying, but you get the point. The point of this is that: I actually DO something about it. There are plenty of people out there who think that animals are being treated poorly, but when they smell bacon cooking, oh, do they run. ex. "I feel SO bad for cows, but when I see a big slab of steak, how can I resist?" This is the story I frequently get from people who claim they want to go veggie. Most of the time this means that they are not motivated, and will not even bother making an effort. Let me just put this out there now: YES, I DO BOYCOTT THINGS. I AM A MEMBER OF PETA. And I have influenced my family members and friends to do the same. Let's be honest with ourselves for a second. If you Youtube "KFC", you will most likely feel sick to your stomach in a few minutes. That's because of the leaked videos of the horrible things that happen to animals. WARNING! CLICHE AHEAD! PREPARE YOURSELF.....Animals can feel pain, too. And people who test on rabbits? Dude, that's just sick.
You might think, "Oh, it's just another stupid girl who doesn't know what she's talking about."
Ha. I spent a whole day getting informed on things relating to vegetarianism. Informed decisions are key!
So, yes. I am a vegetarian because I believe in animal rights. And people think I'm weird just because of that. Oh, please. Vegetarians are taking over the world.


(Alison, if you read this, Marc does have a point. They're called veggie burgers for a reason: They taste like veggies =]).


TOFU ROCKS.

2 comments:

  1. first, being a vegetarian is not weird, its probably the coolest thing you could ever do, and in response to ur little shout-out to me: ya but all those like... boca burgers and such... areeee.... eew. they taste like meat. i had to hav one once at this persons house and i was like... r u sure this is vegetarian? haha and btw, i did a like huge presentation project thing last yr in mr b's about animal abuse for cosmetic testing... it was so sadddd!!! D= and, yes chloe, vegetarians are surely conquering. HOORAH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tofu rocks? One word - ick. But I admire you for standing up for what you believe in and acting on your beliefs.

    ReplyDelete